Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DeepFreeze vs virus?

• Please log in to reply

SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
I just wonder if I install deep freeze on my PC and activate it for all drives.....then I got infected by virus
Now when I restart PC ...everything will come back to normal or what???

what to be noticed, I ask this for analyzing virii :)

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello there,
According to your post it sounds like your saying that you enabled deepfreeze while your computer was infected with a virus?

If you restart your computer, then the contents of the virus will remain there because you did not rid of it when you enabled deepfreeze. And deepfreeze will keep your computer in that state otherwise until you unfreeze and get rid of the virus contents.

If your saying that you got a virus and want to know if it will disappear when you restart the computer, then yes, if you froze the computer in a good configuration and restart the computer then it should revamp you back to your good configuration state and the virus will be gone.

SUPERIOR

SUPERIOR

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
No, I meant after enabling deepfreeze I activate virus then restart PC
but I got your point, Thanks alot for that......I was not sure about this