Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

photo editing HELP

• Please log in to reply

20fatboy04

20fatboy04

• Pip
  • 1 posts
G'day ALL, OK...This is what I'm looking for.
I want to have a pre-designed photo in my laptop.
With my digital camera, take a new picture, download it into the laptop.
I then want to attach these two together. HOW DO I DO THIS ?
AND what software program?
ANY & ALL HELP will be GREATLY APPRICIATED !
Thank you,Marty

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Could use PhotoShop if you have it, GIMP, or Paint.net (not M$ Paint) are all good. Might even play with putting something together using this PhotoShop like online graphics tool: MyTheme.com

Haven't used Inkscape, but it may be good. It's a Vector Graphics Editor.

Ron

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
http://www.geekstogo...sion-42-review/

This program is a lot of fun to play with.

BlackHalo

BlackHalo

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
If I understand correctly, you basically want to take two images and make it look like one photo (i.e. two continuous photo's of a landscape made to look like one long photo?). HOW you would do it is as such:

By using Photoshop (or GIMP, although I haven't tried it), open a new document which is large enough to accomodate both photo's. It doesn't have to be exact, you can crop it later. Go to File>place and select the first image from wherever you have it stored. Once loaded, move the photo to the edge of the canvas and double-click it to place it. Now load the second photo in the same way and place it edge-to edge with the first image.If the images are exactly taken to fit into each other, your work is done! Otherwise, you might need some adjusting. If they are not correct, move the second photo so that it fits with the first photo. If the colours of the second photo don't match or the brightness differs, select the photo with the marquee tool (make sure you are on the layer the second photo is on) and go to Image>adjustments. There you will find numerous tools to play around with in order to get the correct adjustment for the image (hue/saturation, etc). If you want a more in-depth discussion about these settings, an example of the images will be needed (posted as attachments).

Once you have the effect you need (once the two photo's seem as one), select the crop tool and just select the area you want to crop, cutting out white edges/overlapping edges and press enter (or the green tick at the top of your screen). Voila! Now save your image in whichever format you choose (.jpeg would be the obvious choice for a digital photo).

Edited by BlackHalo, 09 March 2008 - 03:21 PM.