Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Instant copy

• Please log in to reply

emmpe

emmpe

• Pip
  • 9 posts
This is what I'd like: A free or shareware application capable of making an automatic backup copy of any file to any location at the very instant I save the file. Does it exist?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i don't know of any free ones but google "real time backup"

texasbuc

texasbuc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
You could use two hard drives configured as RAID 0.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
texasbuc....read This to learn a bit more about RAID....RAID0 is striping without parity...which means it offers no fault tollerance....RAID0 just breaks up the data across multiple drives....not copy it to the second drive

RAID1 would accomplish mirroring....however the OP says they basically just want CERTAIN areas backed up automatically

texasbuc

texasbuc

• Pip
  • 6 posts

texasbuc....read This to learn a bit more about RAID....RAID0 is striping without parity...which means it offers no fault tollerance....RAID0 just breaks up the data across multiple drives....not copy it to the second drive

RAID1 would accomplish mirroring....however the OP says they basically just want CERTAIN areas backed up automatically

Yes, you're right. Got my RAIDs mixed up. My bad. :)