Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet problem.

• Please log in to reply

Better_Than_Justin

Better_Than_Justin

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
alright, well my other computer pretty much stopped working as soon as i installed vista. sounds simple, but the problem is pretty complex. well i installed vista on another partition so i could use xp and vista. Vista works perfect. i have no problems in vista, but it seems like when i installed vista, the internet in xp stopped working. now i am not sure if this is the cause, or if i may have gotten a virus, because it worked for about a day or two after the install, then slowly each program stopped being able to access the internet, and now none can. it says it is connected to the internet though, if you hover over the icon in the taskbar. if you have any ideas of what could be wrong with it, or a certain virus that may cause these problems, post away. any help would be GREATLY appreciated! thanks guys!!

Edited by Better_Than_Justin, 02 March 2008 - 01:55 PM.

Advertisements

Better_Than_Justin

Better_Than_Justin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
and the internet works in vista..