Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB 2.0 not working

• Please log in to reply

jits

jits

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hey guys i cant get my computer to use usb 2.0. it always gives me a balloon saying this device can perform faster if i connect them to a high speed 2.0 port. All off these ports on my computer should be 2.0, but for some reason its not. How can i or where can i download the current drivers for usb 2.0 here is some info on my computer:

okay here is some more info on my computer:
The Ice Cube IC-VL67 is a barebones SFF PC system that measures 8.3 x 9.5 x 12 in. It features a socket 478 motherboard (Intel 845PE chipset, 2 184-pin SDRAM DIMM, 1 AGP 4x slot, 1 PCI slot), 220W PSU, 1 5.25" drive bay, and 2 3.5" drive bays (1 hidden).
Motherboard Features
- Socket 478 Motherboard Model: CF-EG65
- Intel 82865G + ICH5 chipsets
- Support up to 2 GB DDR400/333 DIMMs
- Integrated Graphics controller in 865G GMCH
- Support extent AGP 8X slot
- AC-Link with AC'97 compliant audio
- Realtek RTL8100BL 10/100 Base-T Ethernet controller
- Full Duplex supported, WFM 2.0 Compliant
- Serial ATA port

m running xp w/ SP2. i also checked my bios, it doesn't give me an option for USB 2.0 or high speed. Maybe i need to download some updated usb drivers?

Any help Please.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Third-party drivers are only usually required for an add-on USB2 card (such as those made by Belkin). Otherwise Windows XP uses it's own drivers (in fact XP can use it's own drivers for most add-on cards also. The supplied third-party ones are usually optional and are just "tweaked" to boost the transfer-speed a little bit higher.

I was going to say you may need to install SP2 but you already have that.

1. What about motherboard chipset drivers? Update them maybe?
2. Uninstall all USB controllers and root-hubs in Device Manager then reboot to force re-detection.
3. last resort maybe -- fit a USB2 PCI card with it's own driver (recommend Belkin).

Edited by pip22, 02 March 2008 - 02:41 PM.

jits

jits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
where do i find the update for the motherboard?