Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Continually sending a message in Outlook and failing

• Please log in to reply

cjwannabputersavy

cjwannabputersavy

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have Outlook 2003. A few days ago I was looking through my emails and I must have clicked on my mouse too much. I was in the Inbox of Outlook and I think I may have right clicked on a message a couple of times that wasn't open but was in my preview pane. :) Since then Outlook is continually sending a message that I cannot find in my Outbox at all. I cannot send any other message and this message (whatever it is) is constantly sending and failing. When it is in the task area it says: "Home Sending Sending Messages". Here is what I get in the details once it has failed: "! Task 'Home - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP).' I am able to receive messages from this acct. and also receive from another acct. I have. I know it was an error I made but can't figure out to rectify it. I looked all through the Outlook settings, but am not sure what will correct my blunder. I also looked at the Microsoft website and help logs to see if I could find anything similar to my problem to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
CJ

Advertisements