Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email SPAM

• Please log in to reply

fstech

fstech

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
First off I'm not sure if this should posted here or somewhere else, admins feel free to move it if necessary.

For about a month and a half now I have been getting massive (read: between 500 and 700 per hour) amounts of blank email. There are no addresses listed in the to or from field, no subject, no message body. These emails will hit the system for about 8-12 hours and then stop for a couple of days and then start up again. This email comes from lavazero.info with IP's of 72.35.226.36, 72.35.226.35, and 72.35.226.34. When I ran a IP trace it lists the hosting company as Fuzion Colo. Does anyone know if this is a legit company? I'd hate to email their abuse address only to confirm to their bots that our site is legit. Thankfully this is all being stopped by my SPAM filter. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't go through messages to ensure accuracy of messages being caught/let through the filter.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Their site (fuzioncolo.com) doesn't work and from Google results it doesn't look like its worked for a while.

Therefore on that logic, the IPs and the from domains have probably all been forged so never take them at face value. They'll be coming from somewhere else or somebody else's computer that's infected to some insane proportion. Just delete them if there's no content in them, since the site they're reported to be coming from doesn't work anyway.