Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trackpointer doesn't work on Lenovo T30

• Please log in to reply

PRiker

PRiker

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a Lenovo T30 laptop (2366-89U) with XP Pro-SP2. I am current with WIN updates. All of a sudden this weekend, my mouse (plugin USB and PS2 and serial 9-pin) will not work. The cursor sits in the middle of the screen without moving. Occasionally the hourglass blinks as some system task must be humming in bkgrnd. I do have on my networked desktop a app called Synergy which allows a local mouse to point (and function) on a networked PC. That works -- I can move the cursor on the laptop from my desktop PC. USB devices wake up when plugged into the same port as my unfunctioning, laptop wireless mouse (Kensington). Can anyone help "point" me in the right direction? Thanks
Also my Trackpointer has never worked. While that is secondary, it would be great if someone could help with that. BTW, the driver is up2date.

Edited by PRiker, 03 March 2008 - 03:54 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If the settings have suddenly changed it may be the failure of the CMOS battery. The voltage should be very nearly 3 volts.

PRiker

PRiker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
How do I test it? (the battery and/or it's voltage)?