Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Whenever I go to File, Send To, I get a Enter Network Password box

• Please log in to reply

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
I have Operating System Model Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600), Dell Inc. Dimension 4700 and IE6, SP2

Whenever I go to File, Send To, I get a Enter Network Password box. If I enter my Hotmail email address and password it takes me to Hot Mail where I can send the message. In Internet Options, Tools, Programs, I have Hot Mail selected. But in the past, it has always taken me right into Hot Mail itself, without my getting the Enter Network Password Box.

If I go to Internet Options, Tools, and Programs and change the Email section to Yahoo Mail, and try a File, Send To, I get a Microsoft Exchange Set Up Wizard. Now, this, too has gone kooky, as it would usually take me to my Yahoo Mail and I would browse and Send.

Outlook Express is also a choice, but I do not have it set up as yet. I generally use Yahoo in the Internet Options, Tools, and Programs

Recently I did a Windows Repair, so maybe that is why I am getting these message boxes. Anyone know how I can correct it? Thanks much.

Advertisements

mooseye

mooseye

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Is this in windows explorer? Are you refering to send to mail recipient?
If so, you may have to go to the change default programs screen and set your default email service.

mooseye

mooseye

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
I just reread, are you remembering to hit apply when you reset in internet options.

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

If so, you may have to go to the change default programs screen and set your default email service.

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I just reread, are you remembering to hit apply when you reset in internet options.

Yes, I am, thank you

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

I am referring to when I go to the menu, select send page by email or link by email I get the Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard just as I did when I just tried to send this link by email.

How do I get to the change default programs screen? Thank you for your feedback.

mooseye

mooseye

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
set defaults is sccessed from control panel/add remove programs. It shoule be in on the left of that screen.

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

set defaults is sccessed from control panel/add remove programs. It shoule be in on the left of that screen.

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Thanks much. Will do that and get back later. Chow time now.:)

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Advertisements

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Hmmm, thnk I am answering in the wrong place, maybe. Anyway, I went to Set Program Access and Defaults, chose Custom (have used that a bunch of times, just forgot where it was. Duh!) As default email program I chose Use My Current Email Program. I have Yahoo mail set in Internet Options, Programs, Email. I rebooted, and get the same message when I go to Menu, File,
Send - the Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. Hope I do not have to do a clean Windows install.

mooseye

mooseye

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Try setting your email default to yahoo instead of use current.

FOXYGRANDMA

FOXYGRANDMA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Try setting your email default to yahoo instead of use current.