Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP Pro and Build in the corner of my screen.

• Please log in to reply

Poseido

Poseido

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hey Fellow Geeks, I was wondering if any of you knew how to remove the writing from the bottom right hand corner of my screen. You are probably wondering why; What bother is it doing? Well look at the picture and you will know what I'm talking about.

Posted Image

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Poseido :)

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Hi Poseido

it's either been put there by your mac-lookalike skinning software (Flyakite OSX?) in which case you'll need to look in it's options/configuration panel, or you've got 'TweakUI' installed and you've enabled the option to "Show Windows version on desktop".

In Tweakui that option is in the 'General' section -- in the right-hand pane the option is the last one in the list.

The only other reason I know of is that it's always displayed when you're running an evaluation copy of Windows.

Finally, there are several utilities with this option so if none of the above apply to you just check what else you've installed recently
that may have that option enabled.

Edited by pip22, 04 March 2008 - 03:06 AM.