Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Incorrect colours?

• Please log in to reply

Super_Steve

Super_Steve

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I have come across a rather annoying problem just recently.
My screen has been acting really strange, and the colours are displayed improperly.
The dark colours are no problem, but the lighter colours, becomes almost white.
Example:
My msn window.
Posted Image

And, if anyone has used "Paint.NET", you will see that there are no lines to separate the buttons.
Posted Image

I had this problem yesterday, when I accidentally started "Unreal Tournament 2004 - Level Editor" but it disappeared as soon as I closed the program.
Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
does the issue only show with that one program running? What kind of monitor? You may need to reload video/monitor drivers.... you may have corrupted the drivers when accidently running that program....

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
When first booting up my new system i noticed a lot of red and no matter what the settings were nothing would happen, i later removed my monitor connection and found that it was a bad monitor pin on the dvi connector

Super_Steve

Super_Steve

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

does the issue only show with that one program running? What kind of monitor? You may need to reload video/monitor drivers.... you may have corrupted the drivers when accidently running that program....

No, it looks that way all the time.
Samsung SyncMaster 753s, a "big" one, not flat.
Ok, how do I do that?

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
simple look at the back of your vga/dvi connection to your monitor either connected from your mobo or gfx card check for bent/missing pins

Super_Steve

Super_Steve

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

simple look at the back of your vga/dvi connection to your monitor either connected from your mobo or gfx card check for bent/missing pins

There is no problem there.

mazuk

mazuk

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
really not sure, make sure your colour settings arn't all over the show make them default and see if that changes anything

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers?