Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spybot Message

• Please log in to reply

marc_randles

marc_randles

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Ive uninstalled the program (PC Pitstop) but im still getting this

Can someone help me please because its really starting to get on my thrupenny bits
Posted Image

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
whats a " thrupenny bits "
click on start ...run...type in ..msconfig...startup tab...uncheck anything related to PC Pitstop..
FYI..you can also uncheck everything EXCEPT your anti virus and firewall...unless its a laptop...then you have to be careful or your touchpad and wireless will not work..

marc_randles

marc_randles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

whats a " thrupenny bits "

Tits lol

Ok ive done what u said and im still getting these annoying boxes popping up

Edited by marc_randles, 04 March 2008 - 12:22 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Repeat msconfig, only this time, click on the Services tab. Check the box at the bottom that says Hide all Microsoft processes, then click on Disable All, see if that gets rid of it.

If so, go back and turn on the services a few at a time (unless it's obvious which one is the problem) until you find the culprit.

marc_randles

marc_randles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Im still having the same problem and to be honest its annoying the *%$@ out of me

PLEASE HELP ME

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
During the installation and uninstallations of programs Spybot's Tea Timer requests permission to allow every registry change. It looks as if one request went into the blacklist intentionally or by mistake. I suggest that you open TeaTimer and delete the entry from the black list.

marc_randles

marc_randles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I use winpatrol plus and can see in the active tasks that TeaTimer is there

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It should be there because you enabled it when you installed Spybot. What I suggest is that you right-click the Tea Timer icon in the task bar, look for the list of blocked items and delete "PC pitstop optimize2 reminder" entry.

marc_randles

marc_randles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Can you or someone help me out, im happy to gice you remote access to my pc through MSN

Im really struggling here

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
A quote from Spybot Help:

How do I edit the Black & White list in resident TeaTimer? FAQ #005
Please right-click the Resident icon in the system tray Spybot S&D resident and select Settings. There you will find four lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry, just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.