Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply

DinosaurPirate

DinosaurPirate

• Pip
  • 1 posts
earlier today I downloaded an East Asian Language support pack, installed it, and restarted. After that, I've had numerous problems:

* Programs do not appear in the taskbar when minimized

* I cannot use the Taskbar Repair Tool that's supposed to fix that, and get the message "Remote Server Machine does not exist or is not available"

* System restore does not work, giving me the message "System restore cannot protect your computer, etc. etc...."

* restarting does nothing

* no sound

* cannot copy/paste ANYTHING, nor drag/drop... HUGE problem because this means I cannot backup my files.

* sfc /scannow doesn't fix anything

* spybot finds nothing

does anyone know what the heck is going on?

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
From what I read in other sites the problem is irreversible. Once installed, there is no way to uninstall the East Asian language pack. You can try repair installation of XP (a link in my signature). If that doesn't help then ...... But let's wait. maybe other people will come with better ideas.