Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

frequent blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

azolat

azolat

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
For the last few weeks my laptop has been experiencing the BSD at least once a day up to three times a day. I'm not sure why this is or what to do about it, any ideas? I've noticed my wireless mouse that used to scroll perfectly no longer does so on screen. Instead it scrolls painfully slow. Within the last couple days I've been getting a notice from Windows Vista saying that the "hpqwmiex" module stopped working and was closed. I'm not sure why this has started popping up or what to do about it. It pops up about four times after a reboot and is very annoying. Thanks.

Edited by azolat, 04 March 2008 - 08:41 PM.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
It's part of HP ProtectTools security manager... Now reading different advice on the matter, some say to get rid of it and others say to update it.

azolat

azolat

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
How do I update it?

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP