Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

seeing green

• Please log in to reply

woozy

woozy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First let me apologize for probably starting a topic that's probably in the wrong place, and I apologize for being totally clueless about computers.

that said. :tazz:

I seem to be seeing green when I should be seeing dark blue, or even black. A friend of mine sent me color swatch's online of navy blue material. I saw green material . To double check, I went to a few fabric store links online, and all of the material that is supposed to be black, or dark navy blue. showed up as green.

I'm not sure how to fix that.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

BePro

BePro

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I assume its your monitor or video settings :tazz:

Heres a simple test I would do to check your colours:

Open Paint (aka MSPaint, In your startmenu, under accessories).

Using the rectangle tool, draw 3 boxes. Fill box one with red, box 2 with blue, and box 3 with green.

Those 3 colours should appear exaclty as their name says. If they are not correct, one of two things can be worng:

1. Your monitor colour settings are incorrect

2. Your videocard colour settings are incorrect.

To test your colours, the easiest thing to do is to plug your monitor into another computer that has working colours, and see if it shows up correctly.

If your monitor shows messed up colours on any computer you use it on, then your colour settings are incorrect, or your monitor has problems and needs to be serviced.

If your monitor shows correct colours on other computers, but not yours, then your colour settings on your videocard are incorrect.

To fix the videocard settings, I would recommend getting the user manual for your videocard, or if its a namebrand PC such as HP or etc, get its manual out and look in the index for video settings or a name similar to that.

Since every videocards settings are different, I cannot tell you exactly what to do to change the settings.