Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having trouble with Westell Versalink 327W

• Please log in to reply

Aventurero88

Aventurero88

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Bellsouth provided me with the Westell Versalink 327W as my modem/router. This wiredconnection is fine. When accesing my router configuration, the wireless connection also seems fine. The desktop is running Win XPSP2.

I have a dell inspiron E1505. My laptop doesn't recorgnize the network.

When I look at my network on the desktop via network connections it only shows a lan. When i try to set up a wireless network it tells me it is sucessful after going through the steps but no wireless network connection appears except for the lan.

Is it a problem with windows/vista or is it a problem with the router.

any suggestions would help. thanks for your help.

Advertisements

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Try connecting the laptop with a wired connection, rebooting it and see if you have a connection. If that works, we can focus on the wireless. If not, we'll need to focus on the laptop configuration.

Aventurero88

Aventurero88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Try connecting the laptop with a wired connection, rebooting it and see if you have a connection. If that works, we can focus on the wireless. If not, we'll need to focus on the laptop configuration.

I connected the laptop with the wired connection and it worked. But the wireless still doesn't work.

98springer

98springer

• PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
Please go to a command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" and post the output here.