Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

FIREFOX wont open - Process Starts but Application never loads.

• Please log in to reply

Skippyvon

Skippyvon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Im running Windows XP on my Macbook Pro, and I recently came across an issue that is preventing me from opening/running firefox. Ive been using firefox on this machine since I got it, and have had no issues till the present.

Things I've Tried
-Reboot
-Uninstall/reinstall firefox
-checked for any unknown or new processes

I have also run firefox in safe mode. When I select that option choose to start a new session, then disable add-ons reset toolbars etc... checking all the safe-mode options then make changes and restart, the browser will actually boot. The problem, however is that when it does so it takes 30% of my processor time the entire duration that I leave it open and it runs sluggishly at best. (e.g. I type "hello my name is blank" and only 3 of the letters even register as having been pressed, it also takes about 15 seconds to resize the window, maximize minimize etc.) Even more strange, is that mouse related activities within the browser window are not delayed at all; clicking on the google search button works just fine. I can even highlight and select menus with no delay; but when it comes to clicking on a menu, the physical menu appears, but it is never populated with text.

Also worth noting that Firefox is the only application Ive been noticing problems with.

Anyways that's my problem, Ive search your forums a bit and Ive found several firefox opening related issues, but I havent seen anything quite like this so I felt it was worth a new post.

Im happy to post a hijackthis log if needed.

Edited by Skippyvon, 05 March 2008 - 01:43 AM.

Advertisements