Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet works but can't connect to my own site/domain

• Please log in to reply

mailyns

mailyns

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey all.

Well, my problem is rather complicated it seems.

My internet connection works 110% fine but I cannot access my own website. Now, the domain is there and works because I've contacted about 10 or so people and everyone can access my site just fine. I've gone to two different friend's houses and, again, everything works fine and I can get on my site AND access my control panel. I've even talked with my host which is http://www.surpasshosting.com and they've also assured me that everything is up and running. They've even told me to check if I could connect to my site via the proxy site http://anonymouse.org and I was able to see my site!

So, everything is fine on the domain/host side.

I've contacted my ISP and everything works great on their side as well. They've even helped me checked if my computer was blocking the particular site and it wasn't. We even tried disabling my firewall to see if that was the problem and nothing. I still can't connect.

I'm trying to connect to the particular site on the following browsers and it won't work on any of them:

IE - 7.05
Opera - 9.26
Firefox - 2.0.0.12

I get errors that the browser can't connect or access the site but it won't say why.

I've tried accessing other sites hosted by surpass and I can access them all just fine.

My site info:
Domain: coloryoursoul.com
IP Address: 66.7.210.44
http://coloryoursoul.com

Funny thing is that I WAS connecting to my site just fine and then, literally from one day to the next I couldn't anymore. I basically went to bed and when I woke up the problem started.

I haven't changed anything or downloaded any programs, packs, etc.

This is ming boggling and it's driving me nuts. Please help!

I have Wind XP Home Edition and er, that's all I know. :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Nothing wrong with the site, unless your hosting company is blocking your provider from their websites since you can see the site through a proxy server. This is very much either a provider issue or a hosting issue.

Edited by Neil Jones, 05 March 2008 - 05:41 PM.

mailyns

mailyns

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
According to the hosting co [surpass] they've tried everything and it's not on their seid. According to my internet provider they've also tried everything and nothing. They said they don't even block any sites, etc. Rather frustrating.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Have you tried connecting another computer to your internet (note: your internet, not anybody elses's) and seeing if that works? If so, its an issue with your computer. However if the other computer can see the site outside of your internet but not on your internet, then its an issue with your internet connection.

mailyns

mailyns

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry for the late reply, my internet was off. The problem has been solved!

Thank you all kindly for your help. My next door neighbor heard me complaining outside and offered to help and he fixed it!

Thank you thank you everyone for helping me. ^_^ :)

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• 8,476 posts
Next question is, what did he do?