Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installed FireTune to Mozilla, server resets in eBay

• Please log in to reply

Stinky Britches

Stinky Britches

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi everyone. Hope you can help me with a conundrum. My wife's Desktop PC: HP Pavilion a1130n, processor Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHZ, socket 939; chipset ATI Radeon XPress 200, OEM Mobo by MSI named MS-7093 (HP Name Albacore GL6E), 1gb memory, 250gb HDD, using MS Win XP Media Center Ed 2005 w/ MS Win XP Service Pack 2. PC on high-speed DSL. Began using Firefox Mozilla browser a few weeks ago, life is good. Days ago I used a GtoG Tutorial for Tweak, How to and installed FireTune. Downloaded, selected fast internet/fast computer. I don't really notice an improvement in speed, c'est la vie. Problem: It seems since I installed FireTune, while surfing on eBay I am getting a pop-up which reads "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" in a box along with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark inside the triangle. No other sites I visit do this. I visit places like techbargains, dealnews, newegg, MSN for my e Hotmail, regularly. No pop-up/reset on these sites. I went and updated Ad-Aware & ran it, only found 2 items (there are usually 120 -140 ballpark found) and deleted them. Went to the drop-down Menu of Mozilla and cleared my Cookies (prior to running Ad-Aware) as well. I'm wondering if I need to further Tweak the Mozilla, or if I am better off resetting then removing the FireTune. Note: this PC uses Trend Micro PC-cillin anti-virus package which updates daily automatically. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration. I appreciate your suggestions and look forward to your responses.

Edited by Stinky Britches, 05 March 2008 - 10:20 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Firefox times out pages quicker than Internet Explorer so basically if it doesn't load right away, Firefox will just time out. This may happen on eBay during peak periods when everybody in the world and then some more people go shopping so see what happens during non-busy times, such as some obscenely early hour of the morning, if you stay up that late. :)

Stinky Britches

Stinky Britches

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for the input, Neil Jones. I'm a retired homebody and there is times I can't sleep for days, so I am prone to hard-core eBay trolling at all sorts of hours. Might you know, is there some adjustment I can make so I don't have to click on that pop-up 'reset' window 2-3 times per page? That kind of non-fun grows old real quick. Thanks again.