Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

setting up two computers alltel data card belkin router

• Please log in to reply

cc2001

cc2001

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hello
I would love to know if you could help me.

I recently purchased a data internet card from alltel to plug into my laptop, it is a huawei ec360, the salesman told me before I purchase this that I could take my small belkin router the kind with the 1 ethernet connection in and 4 out and hook up two pc's to surf simultaniously, (1 desktop and one wireless notebook) now some tech support people at alltel say this cannot work, could anyone help me get this going?, or let me know if this will in fact work? I would really appreciate this and thanks
chris

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
It should indeed work. That's what the four ethernet ports are there for. One ethernet port for the separate modem, the others for connecting up to four PCs simultaneously.