Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quicktime help

• Please log in to reply

sreynaga

sreynaga

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hopefully, I'm posting in the right place. I have to use quick time for a chemistry class I'm taking and we view video segments with it. I have an HP dv6342 notebook that I bought almost a year ago. I was having no problem view video files up until a couple of weeks ago when I had to send my computer in to have a new operating system and logic board put it. Since I have gotten it back, when I try to view these video segments all I get is a q with a question mark in it. I have a test due today over that video and could really use some help if anyone knows anything to do, thanks in advance.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
This is kinda too little, too late for your test but what OS did they install/what did you used to have?

When I used to get ? and no video it was an old version of Quicktime/outdated codec.

sreynaga

sreynaga

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
My operating system was vista originally and it's vista again and I guess the newest quick time has been recently installed 7.0 but I think I originally had 6