Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB sansa MP3 player doesnt work!

• Please log in to reply

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
alright here is my testexpress link for you. Also the problem I stated above I figured out already. I was able to install the driver that was needed, but my mp3 still doesn't work. Here is the Link

http://www.pcpitstop...7R0SWXDK4GS1GPG

Advertisements

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Nice machine! :) but "way" under-powered with only 256mb RAM, especially for XP and the music/communication applications that you have installed.

You still have one "Unknown USB Device" detected......
I'm believing it could be this sansa MP3 player, still not properly installing.

It is possible that any one or all three of your Antispyware products could be blocking portions of the configuration during the install procedure of the MP3 device.

Particularly Spyware Guardian <-- has a real-time monitory feature to prevent some changes.

Consider temporarily "completely" Uninstalling:
Spyware Guardian
SpywareBlaster
Ad-Aware 2007

You can reinstall fresh copies of each, later, after you have your USB device matter resolved.

I do not favor Spyware Guardian on low resource machines, since it is such a resource hog.
SpywareBlaster does a nice job "passively" blocking.
I'd recommend AVG AntiSpyware in place of Ad-Aware. and I'd use it as an "on-demand" scan, rather than real-time.
_____________-

Obviously, there are several "tune-up tips" from the Pit Test, that you should follow and get cleaned up right away.
You'll probably get a small performance boost, plus trying to install on such a fragmented HD is not advised.

Keep us posted with your progress.

Best Regards

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hello. Thanks for the response I will try to do those steps in a few mins, but how come my pc says its taking up 99% usage and its low on memory. I just reinstalled windows and cleaned it up already. This never happened before the re installation. Should I make a new topic about that or can you help me with both problems here. Thank you.

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
May I presume that you notice 99% usage via Task Monitor?
What process is consuming the resources?
If it happens to be System Idle Process... that would be normal.
Anything else would be worriesome unless you were heavily involved in some application.

As to low on memory.... with 256mb RAM installed, I would anticipate that you would have that problem frequently.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
well before I reinstalled windows I never got that pop up before. How much Ram should I get to solve this problem?Also would it cost a bundle to get more RAM?

Anyway back on topic. If I uninstall all my ad ware and spyware removals should this solve the problem of the Mp3. What should I do after I uninstall the software. Just plug it back in and try again? Do you think I should try uninstalling the MP3 software as well and reinstall it again? Thanks again for you help. You have been much helpful.

Edited by trips487, 07 March 2008 - 01:57 AM.

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hello. I still can not get my pc to run my MP3 player. Is there anything else i can do or should I get this looked at? Do you think it is the hardware or my pc that is not working? Anyway like I said before this was working before I reinstalled windows, but as soon as windows was installed again it stops working. It says that it have malfunctioned or something in the bottom corner of the task bar. Thank you.

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
I'm suspicious of that single USB controller that reports as "unknown".

I would uninstall the MP3 software.
Then I would check in BIOS to assure that all "legacy USB" capability was "enabled"
Then I would reinstall the MP3 software.... BEFORE connecting the MP3 unit to the PC.

If your difficulties persist, please include the complete and exact error message information that may appear.
Also be specific about the steps you take, so that we may notice the point at which something goes wrong.

Best Regards

trips487

trips487

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Thank you so much for you help! For some reason when I tried plugging in mp3 again it started to work. I don't know what happened, but at least now it is working. Thanks for the help once again. This topic maybe closed if need be, and if something happens again I will be sure to contact you again.

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Hey trips487,

That's great news. :)
Now you can enjoy.

Thanks for considering G2G Forums for your learning and problem-solving.

Best Regards