Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cdrw drive not seeing disks

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

mulitmedia audio controller

do you have sound working...can you play a dvd movie and hear the sound from it...how about mp3's or music cd's

Edited by happyrck, 28 March 2008 - 07:21 PM.

Advertisements

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
okay. i installed the tdk and reflashed the bios. after installing the sound card drivers, it played an audio CD.

it will not read data discs or record to disks. the drive has power, the lights work and i can hear it spin.

i did this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CD Burning\Drives and changed it to 2 (for cdrw). now the audio cd does not work so put it back to 1 and it works. i looked on other the other registry tweaking i've done and its where it is supposed to be.

installing the sound driver took care of the mulitmedia audio controller error in dev mgr. the other one is gone now.

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Run a fresh PCPitstop Full Test, and post the fresh TechExpress

TechExpress link for your current results:
http://www.pcpitstop...CJHTW6E97GSWGVG

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
why O why are you still playing with that tdk drive...new burners cost about $25 bucks...they are considered disposable...if one causes grief ...get rid of it...
what programs are you using to burn data with...if its incd or any packet writing scheme...stop
did you try to play a dvd movie..use media player

galec

galec

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
i know. its works in another system. it just puzzles me and im stubborn :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
well enjoy fighting with it... :)