Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is there a FutureMarks 3DMark - Tutorial

• Please log in to reply

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Yes I hope to use it myself, but also need it as a link to offer to another user.

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Not being funny but why do you need a tutorial for 3D Mark? Shove it on, tell it to benchmark, watch the action (or not as the case may be), compare the final score to other people with similar hardware and then either feel smug or disappointed. What more do you need to know?

Or have I missed the point?

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
I do pretty much agree with Niel, but perhaps there is something we're not getting... :) Also, keep in mind that 3DMark06 isn't too great an indicator of actual gaming performance nowadays. Modern high-end graphics cards can easily handle 3DMark06 at default settings, making the results CPU-limited. Modern games, on the other hand, are generally more GPU-limited due to the higher quality graphics.

Doug

Doug

Visiting Consultant

• Topic Starter
  • Visiting Consultant
  • 872 posts
Thanks Neil and Stettybet0,

I got a little "caught up" when browsing some of the sites that describe fashioning bolean objects, images created from shadow projected from behind a screen, translucency, etc.

Sheesch. Way over my head.

However, 3dmark seems to provide straight-forward info and comparisons within the limits of what it can do.
I was afraid I'd have to become a graphics design expert to use it for basic machine diagnostic/comparison purposes.

I should have just settled down and given it a test drive.

Thanks for yanking my feet back down to earth.

Best Regards