Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Version of Spyaxe infecting my PC (No cleaners working) [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Mswei

Mswei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well, my main question at this point:

Is there anything we can do about removing the bugs that the online kaspersky scan found?? Everything else seems to be running ok, but I'm still hesitant to put the PC back into full time use with those trojans still on here...

And yes, the Technisource VPN is my connection to work's network.

Edited by Mswei, 15 March 2008 - 03:17 PM.

Advertisements

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts

Is there anything we can do about removing the bugs that the online kaspersky scan found?? Everything else seems to be running ok, but I'm still hesitant to put the PC back into full time use with those trojans still on here...

If you followed the three step in my last post, the malware you saw are now gone. They were located in System Restore points, which we deleted when we turned it off; or in Combofix Quarantine, which we deleted when you ran OTCleanUp.
Could you please delete this file:
C:\Program Files\BearShare\Installer\BSInstall5.2.5.1.exe

Edited by sarahw, 21 March 2008 - 12:50 AM.

Mswei

Mswei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok, sorry about the long time in between posts...had a business trip to DC for a few days and just got back earlier today...seems like everything is gone, but when i run Avast! as previously suggested, it continues to find trojans. These trojans however are located in files that i downloaded directly from microsoft technet...i attended an event in Scranton, PA where they had a launch party for Office 07 and Vista. The files are not replaceable, but keep coming up with the trojan flag...any chance Avast! is pulling my leg here, or do you think the virus that was on here could've embedded itself in the two exe files?

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Which two files? Which trojans are you finding?
Can you show me a report or screenshot of this?

Mswei

Mswei

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Well, I ran the scan again, and now its not finding the virus that was imbedded in the two files...not quite sure what was going on there...

Gonna run one more scan tonight, ill let you know how it turns out in the morning.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Sure :)

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.