Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Iexplore

• Please log in to reply

mikeiscool

mikeiscool

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Can someone please help me? I am not exactly a genius when it comes to computers, so I need some help with a problem. My computer was starting to run slow, so I went under CTRL+ALT+Delete and tried to get rid of something called Iexplore. I would select it and press End Task, and then get rid of it, but it would always keep coming back. When I went on my computer the next morning, Iexplore had completely filled up my computer. When I went to CTRL+ALT+Delete, there were probably over a hundred occurrences of Iexplore. I had to shut down my computer and restart it, but Iexplore kept coming back every time I would delete it. I am trying to get rid of this, but I have no idea how to. If someone could help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Advertisements

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
Iexplore.exe is the Internet Explorer executable (at least when the file in question is located in the Internet Explorer folder in Program Files)

HOWEVER, a number of trojans, worms and adware use this file name (as well as countless other familiar ones) in order to pass unnoticed.

I therefore suggest you go to the Malware Removal/Hijack This logs section of this board, launch a new topic, again explain your problem and post a Hijack This log.

Someone will be happy to help.

Edited by TonyKlein, 24 April 2005 - 03:02 AM.