Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

cpu suddenly jumps to 100%

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi there, sorry im new to this an hop i make sense.

i have a packard bell easynote laptop. it is running on Windows vista. i have been having a few problems with the CPU suddenly jumping to 100% completley randomy, sometimes when i dont even have anything running. i have done all the malware and antivirus checks an everything has come back fine so am really stuck why this is happening. it appears tp happen in particular when i watch videos on youtube, or load up the poker site PKR, however it does it aswell with very little running

the only thing that i can think that could be wrong is that i recently upgraded the ram on my laptop from 1gb to 2gb.

the precessor is an intel centrino duo.

any help would be very much appreciated

callum :)