Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

DVD drive problems.

• Please log in to reply

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Hi,

I recently used DAEMON tools to mount a couple ISOs I had. After I unmounted them then closed DAEMON tools. Now any game I have that requires the CD won't run. I get a window saying "Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select OK and restart application." I own CoD4 and its the only game ive tested with it. Im not sure how to fix this so any help would be appreciated. And yes, all my games are legit copies, nothing pirated.

Thanks

ps- Im running XP Pro

UPDATE- I had CoD4 in my 1st drive and Diablo 2 in my second, if i switched them they worked. But I would still like to know why this problem happened.

Edited by Trippster, 06 March 2008 - 03:01 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Uninstall Daemon Tools. A lot of games don't run if they detect CD emulation software.

Trippster

Trippster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Wouldn't that be considered an invasion of privacy if they are scanning my PC for emulation software? I dont have daemon running on startup, I only open it when I need it.