Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Recording Issue.

• Please log in to reply

abshutt

abshutt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. I am trying to record my voice with music in the background at the same time. I checked under recording properties for microphone, and when I select just microphone it just records sound from my mic and when I click stereo mix it just records sound from my computer and not my microphone. Is there a way to record both at the same time?! I am using Windows Xp home edition.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
not with the standard windows recorder....what you'd need to do is have the music file...then record your voice separately...then merge the tracks...you CAN do this with sound recorder (i think it's in the effects? something about insert track...something like that) or you could get a free program called audacity (google it) which will allow you to do the same

abshutt

abshutt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Oh. I was really hoping to record it at the same time, it is so much less of a hassle. Thanks for the help!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well for that you'd have to play the sound through speakers while you record your voice....which will sound crappy

abshutt

abshutt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been able to do it before on an older computer than I have now, I have no idea why this one won't.