Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote PC restarts when using Remote Desktop to it

• Please log in to reply

Kev2008

Kev2008

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have a strange problem I was wondering if you maybe able to shed some light on.

Basically, I have 2 PCs on the same LAN. Lets say 1 is a Desktop PC and 1 is a Laptop (for ease of describing this)

When I RDP to my Desktop from my Laptop, It connects, I can login and it will show me my windows desktop but then it freezes and then the RDP session tells me its lost connection and then the Desktop PC restarts and upon loggin in says its recovered from a serious error.

Has anyone got any ideas where to look or hwo to resolve this? I cannot see anyhting showing in eventviewer to give me any indication why thsi is.

It used to be workign fine, no problems but recently its started to do this odd behaviour.

Many thanks for any assistance you can provide. I tried googling but couldn't find much information on this.

Kevin

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Submit the error report, it may give you clues as to what to do.