Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

installed a bad driver

• Please log in to reply

dond

dond

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Need help here,went to devise mgr.& downloaded best driver:IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers:however,when i restarted system got blue screen & was unable to load windows.called HP help....was 2weeks out of warranty so was charged $50.00 anyway was able to get back by actually manually disconecting my TSST optical drive that was automatically booting system & also had to boot system from my nec optical drive with my recovery disc inserted as could not boot from my hard drive as that was inially affected because of the corrupt driver downloaded.anyway i was able to roll back the affected driver in my IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers but as a result am left without being able to to get my TSST optical drive reinstalled-now my optical drive TSST is on a SATA controlled line while my NEC optical drive is on a EIDE controlled line.so i am wondering if there is bad data from initial bad driver down load if my TssT optical drive will have to be reconfigured since it is an SATA drive....anyway at this point I have no TSST optical drive as i have had to disconnect it as if it is connected will try to load & will only cause the blue screen.would appriciate any help with this as Hewlet Packard were only able to get me back on line but not able to give me any system help on my TSSt optical drive other then to say that it must be fried due to the bad system driver downloaded but i have read that the system cannot get fried and that it may just need to be reconfigured need some intelligent geeks on this one! thx

Advertisements