I have 2 laptops on Vista and 2 Pc's on XP all using a wired Netgear DG834v3 ADSL Router. All but 1 of the pc's and laptops work great through this router but 1 of the laptops internet speeds has just crashed down to snails pace.
Checks we have done so far include:-
- Virus/Spyware/CCleaner etc
- Contacted Netgear to see if there are any faults with their system
- Moved Pc's and laptops around to determine if there is a fault with the wires
- System Restore
- Disconnected router and reconnected it again
- Ensured Firewalls are off on Windows so that there is no conflict with netgears firewalls
- Turned all the other pc's/laptops off to see if this has an effect on the speeds of the remaining laptop
.....and so i find myself here tearing my hair out and wondering if the fault is either a hardware issue with the Lenovo N200 Laptop Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 1024MB 160GB DVD-RW 15.4" WXGA TFT Windows Vista Home Premium laptop or whether there is a glitch in the windows downloads that have been sent in the last week.
Or........is it something else?????
Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in anticipation