Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

reformatting

• Please log in to reply

mugs

mugs

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have an HP computor windows me 9795c
I tried to take my PC down to factory settings, when I put the 1st disc in it went ok then after all that it said it was unable to complete, did I want to abort, or retry.
when I went to retry it it shut off on me, & it keeps doing that to me I can`t even keep it on, any help would be appriciated
Thanks Mugs

Advertisements

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi mugs,

Welcome to Geeks to go... <_<
I just wanted to help out just a bit by having you download the HiJackThis program that you will find at the top of this forum page..

Scan your computer with it, copy, and then paste the log in this room.

Just to help you and the guys here at GTG, move along alittle faster...

Good luck
Staci

mugs

mugs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I am willing to try what you said but my computor won`t stay on long enought to do anything, I am using a friends computor right now
after I put the first disc in to reformat my computor that`s when the trouble startednow it won`t stay on I`ll probably have to send it to HP to get fixed I was just hoping maybe you guy`s could help

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Were you having the shutdown problems before trying to restore factory setings?