Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot connect to internet explorer

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Please help I cannot connect to the internet I keep getting the standard "unable to connect" screen and in bottom left corner this message is displayed Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#.

It all started last night, I tried to delete a rather large file and it would not delete all taht would happen is I would get a status bar for about 1min then for some reason I would get a error message "Internet explorer is not responding" then I would get the choice to close, restart and wait for response. I dont know how deleting a a file would cause my EI7 to crash but ever since I can not connect to the internet.

I can connect to Google 1 in 5 attemps but if i search anything I get the error message Res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm#. Anyone know hwat this error message means or how to fix the problem ? I have done a full virus scan and it came back clean and I have checked my firewall and its fine and also my connection is fine too :*(

please help, many thanks

Advertisements

peyote

peyote

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Worked it out, had to un-install my antivirus. For some reason it wanted to block everything. Answer to this problem is un-install and re-install your antivirus.