Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

autoplay doesn't work even with correct settings.

• Please log in to reply

shinigami_02

shinigami_02

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
hi,

i was referred here by Rorschach112 after helping me with removing malware on my system. after cleaning my system, i noticed that autoplay doesn't work anymore whenever i plug in removable media into my system, that includes portable HDs, cds, dvds, flash drives. i'm not sure if this was a side effect of the cleaning and i don't know how to get that feature back... i know it sounds trivial but i'm at a loss as to how to bring it back. i have already checked the autoplay properties of the drive and nothing's wrong. it's set at "prompt me each time to choose an action". i've also checked the services related to autoplay (shell hardware detection) and they're ok. i'm not sure about the registry entries if they have anything to do with it and i don't want to tinker with it since i'm not familiar. can anyone help me bring the autoplay feature back? i'd really appreciate it.

Advertisements

markkal123

markkal123

• Pip
  • 5 posts
check out the following. perhaps this might work.

Visit this site

shinigami_02

shinigami_02

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
hi markkal123,

thanks for the help! it worked like magic. :)