Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MusicMatch Philps!

• Please log in to reply

Computers-hate-me!!

Computers-hate-me!!

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I received a stereo for my birthday a few years back. I have finally decided to install the disc that came with the Stereo. "Mc 500/37 Microsystem" The program is "Musicmatch Jukebox Phillips" or something or other. I installed the program, everything went well, it reached 100% and then the screen went blank. I tried to open the Musicmatch but no program showed. Then my internet, msn and all other programs became nonresponsive and had the lil hour glass. Forcing me to restart my laptop. This happens everytime i want to launch any music. So after about a week I have figured out just to use windows media player .
I want to completley uninstall Musicmatch. When I tried in add/remove programs, it says;
" The logfile " C/programfiles/musicmatch.jukebox/uninstall.isu is not valid or the data has been corrupted, unintallation will not continue."
So I tried to maually delete the files from Program Files: Didn't work. Said something like " The file cannot be deleted, it is in use." and nothing is open.??

Please help me. I have tried installing it again also.

Another question if possible. How can i make Windows media player the default player?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
please refer to the pinned topic in this forum for "uninstalling software". Once you have removed the software, you should be able to reboot the pc and then delete the folder.

http://www.geekstogo...le-t169828.html

Edited by starjax, 11 March 2008 - 10:35 AM.

Computers-hate-me!!

Computers-hate-me!!

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the help, but The "musicmatch juke box" is not on the list.