Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Boot problem

• Please log in to reply

Trippster

Trippster

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Everytime I turn on my computer I get this message. "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in select boot device and press a key". I press the reset button then it reboots fine everytime. So bassically it always works on the 2nd reset. I have my boot sequence to look in my HD first, then my 2 dvd drives. Im not sure whats causing this so any help would be great. Thanks

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
Try replacing the CMOS battery (silver, size of a quarter). I think it's CR2032.

Lyxiz

Lyxiz

• Pip
  • 5 posts
HI, IM HAVING THE SAME MESSAGE:REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE. THE ONLY THING I HIT RESTART AND IT DOES NOT BOOT AGAIN JUST THE SAME MESSAGE OVER AND OVER.I CANT GET TO THE BIOS MENU IT ONLY ASKS FOR A PASSWORD. TRIED RESTARTING AND HITTING F1 OR DELETE OR F10 TO BRING UP THE BIOS MENU AND NOTHING. WHWERE I ONLY CAN GET IS TO THE MENU AND IN ADVANCE SETTINGS I THINK IT IS I SEE THAT THE IDE IS NOT DETECTED. I RECENTLY TOOK IT FOR A REPAIR BUT THE GUARANTEE HAS EXPIRED SO I GUESS I CANT COUNT ON THAT. ANY HELP WILL BE APRRECIATED. BY THE WAY THIS IS A WIN XP OS.

Edited by Lyxiz, 05 August 2009 - 07:05 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: Lyxiz

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved.
By bumping on a topic that is over a year old you most likely will be overlooked and not receive the assistance you need. Thank you for your cooperation.