Found the following.. suggest you give it a try..
The newest Critical Patches can be the reason for the error, please
uninstall KB893066, KB890923, KB890859 and KB893086
Please follow the procedure suggested by microsoft to solve BSOD
problem from the latest windows update.
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk in your floppy disk drive or
the Windows XP CD in the CD drive or in the DVD drive, and then restart
Note When you receive the following message, press a key to start your
computer from the Windows XP CD:
Press any key to boot from CD
Note Your computer must be configured to start from the CD drive or the
For more information about how to configure your computer to start from
the CD drive or the DVD drive, see the documentation that came with your
computer or contact the computer manufacturer.
2. When you receive the Welcome to Setup message, press R to start the
Note Multiple options will appear on the screen.
3. Select the Windows XP installation in question.
Note You must select a number before you press ENTER, or the computer
will restart. Typically, only the 1:
C:\Windows selection is available.
4. If you are prompted to type an administrator password, do so. If you
do not know the administrator password, press ENTER. (Typically, the
password is blank.)
Note You will not be able to continue if you do not have the
5. At the command prompt, type cd $ntuninstallKB.........HERE THE
NUMBER OF THE PATCH.....$\spuninst, and then press ENTER.
Note After you complete this step, you cannot stop the removal
6. At the command prompt, type batch spuninst.txt, and then press
7. After the Ptach is removed, type exit, and then press ENTER oo
Uninstall the Next