Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Services are disabled

• Please log in to reply

redcrypt

redcrypt

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I went into msconfig and under selective startup unchecked everything and rebooted. When it came back up the bar on the bottom where the start button is was a different color and know hardly anything works. I went back to msconfig and rechecked everything and rebooted and nothing so i then checked normal startup and nothing. everything in services section under msconfig is checked but some of it says stopped and disabled. I also went into services.msc and over half the stuff is diabled. I started to set everything to automatic and start it but it doesnt seem to help. I get error 1068 - The dependency service or group failed to start. I also get an error message that says Configuration manager - The plug and play service or another required service is not available.
I cant get on the internet but i just now looked up that i can turn on the plug and play through help and support, ill go home and try this. Not sure what to do if it fails, should i try to do a repair using my OS disc?
My network connections is empty as well as my device manager and maybe some others.
Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to restore the system to a date before the problem started. To restore: click Start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore. Choose "restore my computer to an earlier time" and choose the last date before the problem started.

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
yeah i dont have any times before when it happened

redcrypt

redcrypt

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
nevermind i fixed it, just set everything that was disabled to automatic and the plug and play finally was able to start, then started my themes and got my color back