Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Boot Problem

• Please log in to reply

muffins

muffins

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
Let me start this thread by saying there have been absolutely no changes to my computer since this started happening. I just came home one night and it was doing this.

On a normal boot the video card has a loud fan speed at startup and then after a few seconds it quiets down and then the boot process continues as normal.

Recently when I boot the cards fan speed stays high and the monitor never picks up video. I'm pretty sure its still booting because the keyboard lights still change like they do during boot.

If I reboot a few times (3-5) the video card will finally do its normal boot process and everything will run.

Any ideas what it could be? This card is brand new and has been working fine for a week or so now. I reseated it to make sure it was in place.

NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
Intel Core 2 Quad Q600 2.40ghz
Corsair 520w PSU
Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
4GB G-Skill RAM (tested w/ memtest86 v 1.70)
Intel motherboard http://www.newegg.co....82E16813121060
ATX Mid Tower case 2 fans

Edited by muffins, 09 March 2008 - 12:05 PM.

Advertisements