Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random computer freeze

• Please log in to reply

cfila

cfila

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
This started two days ago. At first I couldn't get through Windows boot and it would freeze. I scanned with Trend and found a couple of viruses that were delected. Now the freeze problem happens at random times and the only solution is to re-boot. I have a log of the Trend scan if needed. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
What type of Trend Scan? Does it ever freeze when you open a certain application or process?

Could you please give more system information?

cfila

cfila

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
It came with my computer. Trend Micro AntiVirus is the program. Here is the scan log:

Copyright © 1990 - 2006 Trend Micro Inc.
Report Date : 3/8/2008 07:18:12
VSAPI Engine Version : 8.500-1002
VSCANTM Version : 2.00-1000 (Official Build)

VSGetVirusPatternInformation is invoked

Virus Pattern Version : 143 (246738/254415 Patterns) (2008/03/05) (514350)

VSGetVirusPatternInformation is invoked

Virus Pattern Version : 545 (7677/254415 Patterns) (2007/09/04) (54500)

Command Line: C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\TVScan32.exe -S -SSAPTN -VSSPYWARE+ -c -d2 -I -LC=C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Virus Scan.log C:\ D:\ E:\

Fail to Clean [ PAK_Generic.001]( 1) from C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerProducer\Humbrella.dll
Success Delete [ PAK_Generic.001]( 1) from C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerProducer\Humbrella.dll
Fail to Clean [Dialer_Win32Dial]( 1) from C:\Users\Owner\AppData\LocalLow\Macromedia\Shockwave Player\xtras\download\TheGrooveAlliance\3DGrooveXtrav181\Groove.x32
Success Delete [Dialer_Win32Dial]( 1) from C:\Users\Owner\AppData\LocalLow\Macromedia\Shockwave Player\xtras\download\TheGrooveAlliance\3DGrooveXtrav181\Groove.x32
84428 files have been read.
84428 files have been checked.
84381 files have been scanned.
148707 files have been scanned. (including files in archived)
2 files containing viruses.
Found 2 viruses totally.
Maybe 0 viruses totally.
Stop At: 3/8/2008 07:46:52 28 minutes 38 seconds (1718.57 seconds) has elapsed.(20.355 msec/file)
---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*---------*

The screen will freeze in any mode. Even if it's just the desktop.

Does this info help?

Thanks

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Apparently it scans and "fixes" the virus' then does not. I would recommend simply removing the files manually and officially deleting the following:

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\LocalLow\Macromedia\Shockwave Player\xtras\download\TheGrooveAlliance

and

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerProducer\Humbrella.dll

If you cannot remove manually I would recommend the use of FileShredder.

How does it run in Safe Mode? (Continually hit F8 while the system is booting and select "Boot in Safe Mode")

If the problem persists you could run a system restore.

If it still persists I would recommend posting a HijackThis log here.

Edited by Will_00, 10 March 2008 - 11:59 PM.