Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Loading Diablo 2 w/ Vista

• Please log in to reply

funker27

funker27

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I can't even get diablo 2 to load onto my new laptop with vista home premium. I get to allow the program and then nothing. I have selected "Run as admin" and changed to compatibility mode and still nothing. Can someone help me. Thanks.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sometimes uac and cause this. Try going into control panel/security and disable it.

highly recommend that you update your graphics driver.

also, your video may not be sufficient enough to play the game. This is a solution I found that seems to work for a lot of people:

I Finally fixed the problem by changing the program name to have " -w" including the space and by changing the diablo 2 visuals to the 2d selection in the videp test area. I like you said and downloaded the latest driver and also the latest direct x. Oh and the " -w" puts the game in a window.

funker27

funker27

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I do not understand. What is uac? i reall appreciate your help. Thanks.

sometimes uac and cause this. Try going into control panel/security and disable it.

highly recommend that you update your graphics driver.

also, your video may not be sufficient enough to play the game. This is a solution I found that seems to work for a lot of people:

I Finally fixed the problem by changing the program name to have " -w" including the space and by changing the diablo 2 visuals to the 2d selection in the videp test area. I like you said and downloaded the latest driver and also the latest direct x. Oh and the " -w" puts the game in a window.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Windows Vista uses a feature called User Account Control or UAC to limit the privileges of regular user accounts. UAC ensures that all user accounts that are not part of the local administrators group run with no administrative privileges. This feature is enabled by default. However, in some situations you may want to disable it and there are multiple ways that you can accomplish this. One method is by using the Control Panel.

To disable UAC using the Control Panel:

1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Under User Account and Family settings, click the Add or remove user account option.
3. Select a user account.
4. Click the Go to the main User Account page option.
5. Click the Change security settings option.
6. Remove the check beside the Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure option.
7. Click OK.
8. Restart the computer.

You can enable UAC once again by following the steps above.