Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just Black screens now.

• Please log in to reply

PvT.Jackson

PvT.Jackson

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello... specs are

ZOTAC GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX All Solid Capacitor AMD Motherboard
Rosewill RP550V2-S-SL 550W SLI Ready-ATX12V V2.01 Power Supply
x2 amd 6000+ 125w
g.skill 2 gig dual channel ram
320 gig wd hard drive

okay. The problem I have been haveing was everytime I play DoD:S or a hl2 mod the system would just autmatically go to black screen. Then it would sit until you restart it. Now I found out that my sys fan was plugged into the wrong slot so i fixed that. Now later on the black screen happend, but now it goes to black screen and then auto restarts. When the pc boots up and you login to windows the sys spker makes an ambulance noise or cop car noise like a siren. And that keeps going which is really weird. So I shut it off and later during that day tryed starting it up and it didnt make the noise. But once in awhile out of no where it will go on for like 3 seconds then stop.

Tried....

different monitor
memtest
gpu test (ntune stress test 30 mins)
different keyboard
different games
making sure everything it absolutely plugged in

If you can help, it would be great.

-Thanks

Edit:

The ambulance noise was from easytune 5 pro which came with the mo.bo and the reason it made the noise because no sys fan was plugged in.

but now when he plays games it goes to black screen, then autmatically restarts.

When I boot up, my system fan is now going once in awhile...

off like a beeeeeep......... then off then on then off then on.

Sounds nothing like the beep when you first turn on your computer, this is different.

Edited by PvT.Jackson, 10 March 2008 - 05:30 PM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
It might be an alarm set in the BIOS to indicate that the cpu is too hot. Please download Everest from my list of links. Install it and click on Computer > Sensor. See what cpu, motherboard and HD temperatures are. Minimize the program and run one of your games for 10-20 minutes. Maximize Everest and report the temperatures.

PvT.Jackson

PvT.Jackson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I download the program, ran it ect.

But temps dont get high 56C GPU and WDC 36C, but thats the only temps in sensor, no cpu or anything.

Side note: The free speed fan didnt work aswell. But when I boot into bios temps, they are low 30C for cpu.

Edited by PvT.Jackson, 10 March 2008 - 05:25 PM.

PvT.Jackson

PvT.Jackson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Again, my pc just went to black screen and like froze and you cant do anything but restart it.

PvT.Jackson

PvT.Jackson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Alright I downloaded a program called hmonitor and ran the game for 20 mins here some temps...

Mainboard - 30c
CPU1 - 37C
CPU1 Core - 53C
CPU0 Core - 35C
HDD Temp - 32C
Cool fan running at 4218 rpm
Voltages +5V = +5.02
Core: +1.36
+3.3V = +3.34
GPU- 65 or more it gets up there. (Should I worry about this?)

Now for the +12V Its not getting reconized in this program some reason...it is just gray and has +xx.xxV for the +12v -12v -5v but I looked into pc health in bios its putting 11.64 I do believe. So idk.

-Also i took out one ram stick jic.

-Hope this helps.

Edited by PvT.Jackson, 11 March 2008 - 09:00 AM.

PvT.Jackson

PvT.Jackson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I found out that the 9 Series of cards been have the "Black Screen" Problem. So I'am sending the card back as we speak and getting another or mayb the 8800.