Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD player not showing in device manager

• Please log in to reply

simonelks

simonelks

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I have a Packard Bell Easy Note. Last month my CD/DVD player stopped showing in"My Computer" and in device manager had a yellow traingle by it. Someone installed a program called error expert on my computer and that fixed it. Today my cd/DVD player is not showing on "My Computer" nor in the device manager. How do I fix it?

After reding other similar topics I have been into the BIOS bypressing F2 at the start up and it shows

IDE Primary St9301SA which I assume is my C drive
IDE Secondary Disabled.

I have not done anything else. Hope this helps

Edited by simonelks, 10 March 2008 - 03:21 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If there is no option in the BIOS to toggle auto-detection of the IDE Secondary, then your CD unit looks like it's died. If the BIOS cannot see a drive or device, nothing else in the computer will either.