Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocking Internet Access

• Please log in to reply

Bahamut

Bahamut

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have a NetGEAR Router and would like to block a certain user from accessing the wireless network. I know how to get into the admin page and such, but have tried everything to try and block him, but I want permanent blockage. Also, how can I do it to where no one will know about it if they accessed the admin page after me?

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi and welcome to g2g,

Is this your router? Is it your internet connection(do you pay the bill)?

If yes you can use the firewall to block access and change the admin password and not allow others to access the admin interface.

Chronidus

Chronidus

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Unless you have already I suggest you click on wireless settings on the netgear router menu and chose to add WPA-PSK security to your wireless network. You can then put password on your wireless network and anyone who doesnt have the password wont be able to access your wireless network. And if you want to know if someone's accessed the router after you, click on logs and place a tick where it says "Connections to the Web-based interface of this Router", it will show you every access made to the admin interface. And make sure you check theres logs on there before, maybe access it a couple of times. If you come on and the logs empty or that box is unticked then someone has accessed the web interface after yourself