Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

2OS, 1HDD, cant access my document folder on the other local drive

• Please log in to reply

abeen

abeen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well to start off.. im a newbie at this forum. Im looking for some options regarding the current trouble that I have for my desktop PC. :)

to start my story:

Just recently, i tried to fix my desktop because it had too may bugs and viruses. I was able to fix a few but still there are some that needs advanced configuration like changing values for the registry and all. So to cut the story short, i messed up with one of the registry regarding winlogon and because of that i cant boot up again :) . Anyway, because i need this desktop working again ASAP, i reformatted a part of my HDD(its has 2 partitions, 1 for local disk for os 1 for backups and installers). So, i deleted the backups partition and reinstalled windows HOME ed.

Now, there's no trouble with the newly installed OS. The trouble is, whenever i try to check my other partition, i only get to see my folders on My Documents but im not able to open them up. Is this because the prev OS that i had was win Pro? I was wondering, is there any bypass or hijack for this just so i can copy some files from that.

hope someone can answer my question.

--btw.. cool and informative site :) (kudos to the people behind it) :)

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
You need to Take Ownership of the folder. see here: http://support.micro...kb;en-us;308421

abeen

abeen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey dude! that works fine for me

thanks for the tip appreciate it
:)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,065 posts
You're welcome, thanls for letting me know it helped.