Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Intallation In Progress"

• Please log in to reply

spaz69

spaz69

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Whenever I try to install or remove a program, I get the following error message:

Error 1500. Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one.

I have not added or removed any programs for quite some time, yet I see now that my CounterSpy program isn't running and when I try to start it, I get a message saying that the CounterSpy Service cannot be started, possibly do to the auto update feature.

Can anyone help me fix this so that I can install software? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide me.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Have you tried booting into safe mode (with networking) to see if you can install the software there?

spaz69

spaz69

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
The software doesn't support installation in Safe Mode. But I ran TuneUp Utilities 2008's Registry Cleaner and it fixed the issue.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Thats great!. That was what I was going to recommend as the next step.