Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

odd Task Manager thing

• Please log in to reply

DarkStar

DarkStar

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
i scaned it and it said everything was fine (i used two things)
but the top part of the task manager is still gone.

heres a pic
Posted Image

any ideas?

Edited by DarkStar, 11 March 2008 - 05:19 AM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello,
I would say that your computer is infected.
The kind of malware that can change your task manager can hide from a scan.
I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Doobieus

Doobieus

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hello Darkstar,

Sometimes when you accidentally double click the top part of task manager, it will make it into a compact version. As far as the way it looks, are you running an interface program such as WinBlinds?

I have put in some screen shots to help you out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

However, I would still follow Hfcg's advice and hit up the Malware forums. You can never be too sure or too safe. If you're still having issues after checking in with the Malware forum, go ahead and try this out.

Good luck and hope this helps.

=)

DarkStar

DarkStar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
hfcg scanning was the first thing i did before i posted but i'll prob be doing some other scans later today, cuz it's about the time i do scans on my pc anyway.

Doobieus thankz for that tip. it worked. guess i did that by accident..like i flip everything on on the screen last night.

thankz to both of you for your input, very appreciated :)