Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP About Recovering Data

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Guys I need help urgent! I was trying to repair my hard disk but something happend I accidentally deleted the mbr of my HD. And now my PC wont boot on it. My bios detects the hard drive but after POST it displays disk boot failure. I tried transffering it to other computers again its detected on POST but when windows xp load I dont see the drive anywhere. I tried booting it with Windows Xp Installer it detects it and described it as an unpartition space. I dont know what happend I need the files on that hard drive badly Its so important to me. Pls help me guys PLS PLS PLS!!!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Boot the computer into Recovery Console, using your XP disk. When asked for XP installation type 1 (assuming there is only one operating system on the computer ). When asked for password type the administrator's password or press Enter if there is no password. Now, at the prompt, type fixmbr and press Enter. When all done type exit to go back to windows.

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Tnx for the help sir but drive c is not recognize, I think the partitions have been deleted. I searched the net about recovering partitions, I found a specific program Active Partition Recovery Enterprise. So I purchased it through the net. Im doing the Superscan now, the problem is I dont know what to do next Im doing the Superscan now. And Im having a hard time reading and understanding the help guide, maybe bcoz I havent slept for 1 day now. These files are so important to me coz its my thesis I've worked for it for 3 months and now I'm doomed T_T Maybe you can help me what to do next. how can I do the recovering part after the scan TNX in ADVANCE!!!

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If the software that you bought does not work successfully try to salvage the data with a recovery program. There are numerous free utilities such as Undelete Plus, PCI file Recovery, NTFile Recovery.

Use this link to download PCI File Recovery. Install it on a working computer. Move the affected disk to the computer with the installed program and follow the instructions. You can store the recovered data in an external storage device.

Please note that these processes can take a long time, depending on the amount of data and disk volume.

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
The scan went well sir, but I have a question. Is this software used for recovering data on a partition but not the partition itself? The thing is I want the partition to be active again and boot from it. All I see is all the data on the drive but I think its not going to repair it so that it will be bootable again. And if so my hard drive would still be unrecognizable and unbootable?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I am not sure I understood. Can you reach your data now? If yes, then I thought that the most pressing problem, losing your data is solved.

The programs I suggested must store to another partition or storage device.

movin4009

movin4009

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, why not you try http://www.diskemergency.com it’s also one of the best data recovery service provider among the all. It has many ways to recover our data from any disk. Hope this will work out for you.
All the best!