Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avenue A Inc

• Please log in to reply

sgopan

sgopan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
am a newbie and i don't even know whether is this the right forum. i have spybot search and destroy installed in my machine(windows xp) and whenever i try to use internet explorer it says IE wants to download Avenue A inc a known threat do u want to block. no matter what i answer it keeps asking the question whenever i go to any msn.com related websites....i have switched mozilla firefox now and i don't face any problems. whatz the issue here

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Hi.
Which version of SpyBot are you running?
Yes, that is recommended to use Mozilla Firefox of course,
IE isn't very safe.

Rawe :tazz:

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
"AvenueA" is just a cookie, and therefore relatively harmless.

To stop getting those messages, in SpyBot S&D go to "Immunize", go to the "Permanently running Bad Download Blocker" section, and choose "Block all pages silently".

sgopan

sgopan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
am using the latest spybot. I didn't get the problem with firefox. why was that. Does that mean that firefox automatically blocks these or that spybot doesn't work with firefox. When I was playing around with spybot I found out that it had an option which made it enable with IE. I didn't see any such thing for other browsers(this is in the normal mode. I couldn't follow anything in advanced mode). Is there any such spyware remover exclusively for mozilla or opera.

TonyKlein

TonyKlein

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 642 posts
  • MVP
I'm not a FireFox user myself, só I'm afraid I can't help you there.

For any other questions regarding SpyBot you could also consider posting at their forum: http://forums.net-in...n.net/index.php?